It’s that time! The 2018 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is right around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited! I’m taking the day off from fulfilling Etsy orders to spend my day at the Indianapolis Nordstrom store and will share my top picks and what I end up purchasing. I have shopped the sale for the past several years and finally signed up for the Nordstrom Credit Card last year. I found so many cute fall and winter coats, booties, sweaters, and jeans during last years sale, that I cannot wait to see what I end up with this time!
What is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
In my opinion, it’s better than any sale, including Black Friday! As opposed to discounting the end-of-season merchandise, the new fall arrivals are discounted during the sale, and will return to full price once the sale is over. This years sale includes pieces from Rag & Bone, Hunter, Stuart Weitzman, Vince Camuto, Rebecca Minkoff, Ugg, and so many other amazing brands!
When is the sale?
- July 11 – Level 4 cardmembers have access to shop in stores
- July 12 – 19 – Early access shopping for all Nordstrom card holders, both online and in store
- July 20 – August 5 – The sale is open to everyone, both online and in store
Prices go back up on August 6!
How do I shop during Early Access?
You can sign up for the Nordstrom card here. I’m not one to get sucked into store credit cards, but I shop at Nordstrom for nearly all of my beauty and fashion purchases and love their rewards program!
What is included in the sale?
If you didn’t receive a copy of the Anniversary sale catalog, you can view it online here! The catalog has a small sampling of what will be in the sale, but you can expect lots of boots and booties, coats, sweaters, jackets, purses, accessories, and beauty favorites!
What are your tips for shopping the sale?
- Use a triple points day during the sale! I use one the first day of the sale, because I know that is when I’ll make my largest purchase. I usually end up ordering a few more times during the sale, but none as large as the first day. When using a triple points day, you’ll receive a $20 Nordstrom Note (think of it like a gift card) after spending $334. When you aren’t using a triple points day, you would have to spend $1,000 to get the $20 note.
- If you want something, or think you might want it, buy it! The more popular items sell out quickly and aren’t guaranteed to be restocked. All Nordstrom.com purchases include free shipping and free returns, which you can’t beat! I always buy clothing and shoes in two different sizes and will return whichever didn’t fit or I didn’t end up liking on me. Even though I do go to the store to shop, I love trying everything on at home in the natural light and with pieces I already own.
- Look through your closet before the sale to see what you need. It’s been a while since I’ve worn my fall and winter wardrobe, so I like to look back through my closed to see what I’d like to replace or what I’m missing and would like to add this year.
- Shop online and in-store! Obviously there will be a larger selection online, but there are times where I may not like how something looks online, but end up loving it in the store.
What are your favorite pieces from the catalog?
Badgley Mischka Double Face Wool Blend Wrap Coat in Camel (also comes in Grey and Lavender) $229.90 during the sale ($349 after the sale)
Halogen Sadie Slingback Flat in black leather (also comes in nude leather, red suede, and coral embroidered fabric) $64.90 during the sale ($99.95 after the sale)
Treasure & Bond Felt Panama Hat in tan (also comes in black) $31.90 during the sale ($49 after the sale)
Hunter Original Refined Quilted Gloss Chelsea Boot in dark slate $99.90 during the sale ($155 after the sale)
Rails Short Pajamas in midnight white cherry $98.80 during the sale ($148 after the sale)
What are you most excited for from the sale? I can’t wait to share my picks with you once the sale goes live!